Some of my favorite Office Tips:
- If you find yourself being taken off task because you hear a warning that an email has arrived into your Inbox, just shut that alert off and check them at your convenience instead.
- If you have forms that need to be filled out frequently (such as Insurance Claim Forms) fill out one per family member and place it in a plastic sleeve. Make copies from that Master form and don’t use it for anything else and you’ll never be without the form when you need it.
- Keep only ONE calendar for home & work. Color-code your calendars: family members should have their own colors; household related activities, volunteering, work, etc…
- Put tabs in your file drawer in a straight line (not staggered). It is much easier on the eye and therefore easier to find.
- Use a cute pad of paper or small clipboard to record your “To Do” list – just makes the mundane task a little more fun and whimsical.
Here are some great organizational products directly from Office Candy.com:
Find Office Candy online:
Add your email address to the Office Candy mailing list for organizing tips. Do so on the Office Candy website.