Here are some tips for successful holiday decorating:
- Take this time to reevaluate your nicknacks—don’t just add your holiday décor items in with all the rest, because you’ll end up with way too many decorative items everywhere.
- Try something non-traditional, like in the picture above.
- Don’t be afraid to venture away from red and green. Try other combinations, like purple and silver or white and gold.
- Eclectic is fine—but if your decorations look like they really don’t work together, try using one style/colour combination only in the room and use other items elsewhere – maybe have a theme per room.
- Try natural elements, like pinecones – which are free. I’ve seen tons of DIY ideas for painting or decorating them in some way.