Keeping your family safe isn’t just important when you’re home and they’re sleeping in their own beds/cribs. When you leave to go on vacation take safety and security with you with the VTech Safe and Sound Monitor. Much more than just a simple baby monitor, this high-tech monitor system has so many features beyond just being able to listen to your child in the other room.
With full colour video and audio, you’ll be able to see exactly what your child is up to. Actually, with the split screen viewing, you don’t have to choose which child to focus on. You can have just 1 camera or up to 4. Priced between $129 for the package seen above, with 1 monitor and 1 camera, to $278 for 4 cameras.
The monitor is a nice size—small enough to not take up a lot of room on a counter or coffee table, yet large enough to make full use of the functions. The large screen size is perfect for viewing one image or split up in to 4.
Some of the other features of the VTech Safe and Sound Video and Audio Monitor:
- There are six levels of sound.
- Vibrating Sound Alert – Enjoy some added peace by being silently alerted when there is sound in the baby’s room.
- Temperature Sensor – Parent Unit displays baby’s room temperature.
- Talk-Back Intercom System – Remotely communicate with your baby from the parent unit to the baby unit. Soothe your baby from another room or even from outdoors.
- Polyphonic Lullabies – Play 5 different lullabies on the camera.
- Camera Battery Compartment – Add four AA batteries (not included) to the camera for up to 4.5 hours of video streaming.
- Night Viewing – 8 infrared LEDs automatically sense the lighting condition providing full video viewing in dark rooms.
- Full Motion Video – Up to 22 frames per second of full color, dynamic frame rate video provides excellent viewing of all the action in the baby’s room.
- Wall Mount Bracket – Safely view your baby from a fixed location. Bracket includes a cord management system for storing excess power cord. Swivel, tilt and zoom the camera for the ideal view.
- Adjustable camera angle.
- Extended Range – Up to 1,000 feet of range allows you to feel safe and connected to your child while you go about your day.
- Digital Transmission – This 2.4GHz Frequency Hopping Digital Spread Spectrum system digitally transmits both the audio and video signals. No annoying white noise sound. You only hear the sounds coming from your baby. All transmissions are encrypted for your privacy and security.
I know that many people will be going away on family vacations, including RV trips over the next few months, and I can see this coming in really handy for those trips. If you have an RV and your child is inside sleeping, you can check on them from outside. The monitor works up to 1,000 feet away. As for how I’m going to use this monitor system. I am going to give it to my mom to use while she looks after my elderly aunt. The video and audio will be perfect for that, so she knows if my aunt starts to get up (which could result in a fall). So, you see – this system can work for a variety of purposes.