I have been giving my bedroom a bit of a refresh lately with the change of seasons. I put the too-small quilt on my bed (it’s the only one I have) and took off the heavy winter comforter, and put on some new summery sheets. The other thing I did was replace the pillows on my bed, thanks to DownLinens.
Did you know that you should replace the pillows on your bed periodically? There doesn’t seem to be a consensus on the exact amount of time that it’s okay to hold onto your pillows for, though. There are a few things that you can do to keep your pillows fresh and fluffy.
1. Wash pillows regularly—a few times a year would work well.
2. Cover pillows with a zippered case
3. Regularly air out pillows in sunlight
Whether you prefer down, down/feather or synthetic filling in your pillows, DownLinens has what you’re looking for, starting from $24.99. The DownLinens website doesn’t leave you guessing about the quality of pillow you’re choosing. Each pillow type has a thorough listing, as below:
- THE SIZE: Standard, Queen, King
- THE MEASUREMENTS: Standard: 20″x26″, Queen: 20″x30″, King: 20″x36″
- THE COLORS: White
- THE FABRICS: 100% Cotton Cover
- THE THREAD COUNT: Sturdy 233 TC
- THE FILL:OuterCompartment 7oz of Down and Inner Compartment 30-50oz of White Goose Feather
- THE CONSTRUCTION: Firm Density Pillow
- THE CARE: Dry Cleaning Recommended
- THE ALLERGENS: Hypo-Allergenic
- THE GUARANTEE: 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
There are so many factors that determine whether or not a pillow will be comfortable to sleep on. I’ve tried my share of pillows in my life, and consider myself fairly picky when it comes to things that go on my bed. These pillows are fluffy, yet supportive for my side-sleeping habits. (There is a graphic scale on each product page to show you how firm or soft each type of pillow is). They’re also very breathable. It’s so important to me to have cotton close to my skin, so I’m happy to say that these pillows have a 100% cotton cover.
Besides pillows, DownLinens has other products that will help you refresh your bed and get an amazing night’s sleep. The duvets, feather beds, blankets and other things complete the comfort package.
The product reviewed and the content for this post was sourced from DownLinens, online resources and family traditions. I received a pair of pillows from DownLinens in order to write this feature.