Being green doesn’t mean going out and replacing everything you own with eco-friendly versions — but I know that most people don’t have or use appropriate makeup brushes. I think many people rely on their fingers or those tiny little makeup applicators that come with their products, or just inferior makeup brushes. I am here to tell you that there is a huge difference in how your makeup is applied and how your makeup looks depending on the makeup brushes you use!
Selling for only $14, this eco-friendly, 6 piece make-up set includes: Blush Brush, Eye Shading Brush, Angled Eyeliner Brush, Concealer Brush, Lash & Brow Groomer in a Reusable Hemp & Cotton Storage Case with separate compartment for cosmetics and brushes.
The quality of these makeup brushes is amazing compared to many others I’ve used. I used to work for an eco-friendly makeup/beauty company and have a lot of experience selling and applying makeup. I know that the quality of the makeup brush makes an enormous difference in how the makeup is applied. For instance, you want something soft yet sturdy—and you don’t want to have to worry about bristles coming loose or falling out! I like the size of these brushes—the handle length is great for my small hands, and the size and length of the bristles is perfect. I am able to blend eyeshadow easily (always a major test for makeup brushes!), and quickly dust on some loose powder or blush. The other brushes/tools work just as well, but the Blush Brush and the Eye Shading Brush are the two that I use most often. I am happy to have found a great set of eco-friendly, vegan (cruelty-free) makeup brushes! How great is it that these brushes come in a travel case, where you can store your makeup products, and have everything in one easy place?!
Make a Choice: The handle of each of the brushes in this set are constructed with bamboo. Bamboo is an extremely durable product that is stronger than oak, and will withstand a great deal of use without damage. It is also 100% biodegradable and eco-friendly. Since bamboo is a grass, and not a tree, it grows like one. Many species of bamboo will grow up to two feet or more a day. When harvested, bamboo does not need replanting, because it will grow a new shoot from its extensive root system. It renews itself readily and produces 35% more oxygen than an equivalent stand of trees.
Because bamboo is naturally water-resistant and durable it makes for a perfect handle for beauty items that are used daily.
- 6 piece set includes Blush Brush, Eye Shading Brush, Angled Eyeliner Brush, Concealer Brush, Lash & Brow Groomer, in a Reusable Hemp & Cotton Storage Case with separate compartment for cosmetics and Brushes.
- Brush bristles are all synthetic taklon which is a cruelty free product
- Brush metal plating is made from recycled aluminum
- Reusable storage pouch is made from natural cotton and hemp
- In 2010 EcoTools was featured in magazines such as Health, People, InStyle, Redbook, Seventeen, Real Simple and more
- GUIDE ON HOW TO USE THE MAKE-UP BRUSHES:Blush Brush
- Gently apply blush in an upward motion over cheek bones and blend edges.
Eye Shading Brush
- Apply a neutral shadow on the lid or crease and blend up and toward your brow bone.
- Dot along the lash line in short, connected strokes from the corner out.
- For brows, apply a small amount of shadow to brow to cover sparse or light areas.
Lash & Brow Groomer
- Use brush to give brows shape by brushing upward and out.
- Use comb to separate and lengthen lashes after applying mascara.
- Use brush tip to precisely apply concealer.
- Use the flat, fanned portion of the brush to blend.
These makeup brushes are just one of many wonderful items available from Green Ostrich, where you can find here.for any occasion! You can read my review for a Wind N’ Go Flashlight from Green Ostrich,