This delicious and quick-to-prepare potato dish is so versatile. This recipe for garlic curry potatoes uses one of my favourite products – Patak’s Curry Paste, which is a large range of different curry pastes with varying ‘heat’, so mild to extra hot, there is something for everyone.
What I love about curry paste is that they have so many spices added in that I don’t have individually. It’s really easy to whip up a batch of these potatoes with just a few basic ingredients.
I don’t know about you, but I am a huge potato fiend! Anytime of the year, I find myself craving these yummy vegetables.
This recipe is great to put together ahead of time for a get-together, Sunday brunch, an appetizer or just a flavourful snack.
I tend to put it in the oven prior to getting started on other dishes, since it takes a while for the potatoes to cook and get crispy.
I’ve used this recipe to eat the potatoes with a side of basmati rice on occasion.
Madras is one of the flavours you can get. I also like the Hot curry paste – if you like really spicy food! What do you think? Will you try this garlic curry potatoes recipe?
VEGAN GARLIC CURRY POTATOES RECIPE
- 6 Medium potatoes or small bag of new potatoes
- 1 head garlic chopped
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 3 tablespoons Patak's Curry Paste or similar
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- 1 chilli pepper
- leaf cilantro as much or as little as you want
- Boil potatoes for 5 to 8 minutes
- Chop potatoes and add to mixing bowl
- Add all ingredients to the potatoes and mix well
- Lightly oil an oven-safe casserole dish or similar
- Add potato mixture to dish and bake at 375 for 20 minutes
- Turn potatoes and increase temperature to 425 for additional 20 minutes or until desired crispness has been achieved
Here are some other great potato recipes: Multicooker Indian Potato Curry with Steamed Rice Recipe
Vegan Aaloo Bhaji (potato curry)
These are fantastic and I will be linking it with my Garlic collaboration post. Thanks for sending this in 🙂