When it comes time for gift-giving, are you thinking of things like jewelry, perfume and candles to give to your female friends and family, and powertools, video games and tech toys for your male friends and family?
I subscribe to Sharp for Men’s email newsletter, which tells me when new posts have been put up on their website. I don’t do this to find tech, auto and home gadgets to give to Greg—but because I (a woman) love finding out about the latest and greatest products in those categories. I know that I’m not the only woman who lusts after these stereotypically guy-centric products.
What’s on the Sharp for Men list of Lavish Gifts Every Man Wants?
1) A Speedboat— substitute this for a sailboat and you’ve got the #1 think that both Greg and I desperately want
2) A Fancy Car—My dream car isn’t a Ferrari, but a shiny red Fiat 500, and Greg wouldn’t mind that car, either (nor would he mind that Ferrari, but still. . .)
3) A Porsche-Styled Bar—I think we both like pretty, fancy things, and though I don’t drink—I do enjoy coffee and coffee accessories. I’d sub this for a fantastic coffee/tea bar. . .Porsche-styled would be a plus.
4) An Electric Lawnmower—Actually, neither of us wants to have a lawn, but we’d both be happy with an electric snow shovel!
5) A Great Piece of Art—Umm. . .yeah! We’ve seen many great pieces of affordable art that we’ve been so tempted to purchase. Maybe one day we’ll start our original art collection.
6) An Awesome Home Theatre System—YES! We have our eyes set on a Sony BRAVIA 3D tv. We already have a sweet Yamaha Sound Projector (23+ speakers in one!), but we could be persuaded to add an amp, receiver and subwoofer to the collection.
7) A SONY BRAVIA XBR-SERIES 54.6-INCH 3D LED TV
I’m a big fan of Sony’s televisions. Their designs are consistently sexy, their resolutions are always stunning and I can stream HD shows and movies on them via Wi-Fi – three things this($2,900) happens to have. – John McGouran, Publisher
Some other ideas for gifts that you’d typically think of for males, but that females would also enjoy:
- Video Games—and I don’t just mean Sing Star or Dance Dance Revolution. The women I work with like games like Call of Duty, Assassin’s Creed and others along with the Zelda and Super Mario series.
- Outdoor Experiences—a gift certificate for skiing, rafting, or paintball, perhaps?!
- Sporting Equipment—also fitness gear, but try to be more creative than a yoga mat and bag! Stay away from video games for ‘The Biggest Loser”, though.
- Tools—I love going to hardware stores and checking out the tool sections. Though there are girly pink-coloured tools out there, don’t insult your female gift-recipient by giving them tools that are inadequate for the job.
- Music Devices—iPods, headphones, speaker docks, etc.