I always look forward to the end of spring, because I know sunshine and warm weather is heading our way — but then, too much hot weather makes me long for the cooler fall temperatures. I will miss the sunshine and all the festivals and events that happen here every summer, but fall offers plenty of other great things that I look forward to enjoying. Here is a quick list of 5 of them:
- Layers. I like wearing layers: cardigans, zip-up sweaters, real shoes (not sandals or flip-flops).
- Getting back to focusing on being productive. Over the summer, I found it hard to concentrate when all I wanted to do was go outside and play/walk in waterfront parks/dip my toes in water.
- Fall TV. Sure there have been some decent summer TV shows, but most of my favourites are starting again this fall (The Walking Dead) and winter (Game of Thrones). I’m especially looking forward to these as well: The Mindy Project, The Good Wife, White Collar (last season), and Nashville.
- Colours. Oranges, reds, yellows, browns – these are my favourite colours!
- Travel. My favourite time to travel is in October. The weather is still pretty nice, it’s still mostly sunny, but it’s not too hot. Prices for flights, accommodation and other things are generally a lot cheaper than they are in summer (and during the busy holiday season).
What do you look forward to doing, experiencing, wearing and eating this fall?