Looking to make your home smell home-y, warm, and inviting, you simmer cinnamon and cloves on the stove. Or, you make this strawberry apple crumble!
This strawberry apple crumble is quick to make, meaning it’s perfect for unexpected company, or when you’re looking for a sweet treat to eat after dinner.
One of the things I love about this recipe is that it can be put together with whichever seasonal fruits you have, using a few basic ingredients. I really like the combination of sweet and tart with the inclusion of strawberries and apples, but could see this being really yummy with blueberries, too. I like topping my warm crumble with whipped cream. The crunchiness and the softness work really well together!
Vegan Strawberry Apple Crumble
- 2 Medium apples
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ cup margarine
- ½ cup flour all-purpose or flour of your choosing
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- splash vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Core apples and cut in to small triangles. De-stem and cut strawberries. Place pieces of fruit on the bottom of a greased container (glass or ceramic over-safe dish).
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- Add mixture to top of pieces of fruits.
- Place dish in oven and bake for 20-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
If you make this recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know how you liked it! And if you share it on social media, please tag me: @tazimdamji on Twitter and @celebratelifesadventures on Instagram.