Vegan Blueberry Danishes
Yield 8 danishes
- 1 package of puff pastry
- 1 pound of blueberries
- pastry cream
- flour for dusting
- vegan margarine or neutral-tasting oil for brushing tops
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Use parchment paper or a baking mat to line a silicone baking sheet.
- Remove half a package of puff pastry and keep the other half in the fridge. On a lightly floured cutting board, roll out the puff pastry to approximately 9"x9" square.
- Slice the puff pastry dough so that you have an even amount of strips on each side, leaving about an inch or two in the middle to put the blueberries.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of pastry cream/custard in the centre and place blueberries on top.
- Cross the strips of dough so that you contain the pastry cream/blueberries.
- Brush the tops with vegan margarine or neutral-tasting oil.
- Bake danishes for 15-20 minutes in a conventional oven or until the top is golden brown. My danishes took about 12 minutes in a convection oven.
I used the recipe found on the Grumpy Sailor blog for the pastry cream/custard inside these danishes. This step is optional but recommended!
Recipe by Being Tazim at https://www.beingtazim.com/vegan-blueberry-danishes/