Classic Vegan Mac N’ Cheese Recipe
I present you with this Vegan Mac N’ Cheese recipe, which actually turned out pretty well. Try it out and let me know what you think
- 8 oz pasta of your choice
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ to ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes use ¼ cup first and if you want it more later.
- 2 heaped tablespoons white flour I think all-purpose whole wheat would also work well in this. Probably.
- ¼ heaped teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ heaped teaspoon chilli powder or more, if you like spicy food
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper fresh is best.
Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain it and set it aside.
Combine flour and oil in sauce pan on medium heat. Stir with a whisk, adding in soy milk a bit at a time as you stir. As you're stirring, turn the heat down to low until the mixture is all. . .mixed.
Remove the mixture from heat and add these ingredients to it: nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder, and chilli powder. Taste it. Do you want more nutritional yeast? Add it now!
That's mostly it—add this creamy mixture to your cooked pasta and stir it all together!
Top with fresh pepper, if you'd like. Serve hot.