I would rather eat the same thing for lunch/dinner a few times during the week than have to put something new together every single day, now that I’m working away from home full-time again. I’m hoping to be able to put together a meal that I can have for a few days during the week, every Sunday and also have a baked something or other put together that day, as well.
Knowing that certain foods make me feel tired when I eat them mid-day (like pasta), and that I have an affinity towards pizza and soup, when thinking about meals that I will never get tired of, I’ve put together a list of vegan lunch ideas.
The following list came together with the following criteria:
- had to be easily packable and re-heatable
- had to be able to make a few meals from it
- had to be quick to put together (under 30 minutes)
- had to be both filling and delicious
- had to be made with mostly whole foods (preferably no packaged food used, or at least minimally used)
1.Open-faced guacamole, hummus, and roasted bell pepper sandwich
2. Lentil soup
3. Vegetable juice-based vegetable soup
4. Thai-style tangy noodles
I’m always proud of myself when I manage to eat dinner at “dinner time” 😀 I’m taking a break from #decluttering and threw together this #Thai peanut #noodlebowl with leftover coconut milk from making waffles this morning, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, lime juice, tofu puffs, veggies, and rice noodles. Dessert: half a waffle! #foodie #whatveganseat
A photo posted by Tazim Damji (@beingtazim) on
5. Thai curry with steamed rice
Mmm #Thai #curry for dinner! This #vegan meal has #tofu, #veggies, coconut milk, and other #yummy ingredients! All on a delicious bed of rice. It’s tangy, spicy, creamy, and hearty!
6. Grilled tofu over steamed rice
8. Hummus with pita bread
9. Vegetable and tofu stir-fry with rice or noodles
10. Grilled asparagus (when in season)
12. Breadsticks with pizza sauce
13. Hot and sweet tofu with vegetables
14. Veggies and hummus pita wraps
15. Tortillas with guacamole and salsa
As you can see, this is a pretty small list! If you have other ideas to help me out—please let me know! For snacks, I’ll be cutting up vegetable slices, taking bananas, blending up smoothies, and packing hummus with pretzels. I’ll also take nuts, chips and salsa, and popcorn.