Breakfast in bed. Sounds amazing, doesn’t it? What if it came with a mess in the kitchen included? Somehow, it’s a bit less appealing! Honestly, I have to think really hard to remember what it’s like to make waffles and be left with a ginormous mess to clean up afterward. You know the kind of mess I mean: gooey bits of waffle batter stuff to the waffle maker, all over the sides and just. . .everywhere! You see, I haven’t had to deal with that in a while, not since I got the new No-Mess Waffle Maker from Breville.
I bet if you ask my mom what she’d like for Mother’s Day, or her birthday she’ll say that she wants someone to cook for her and also clean up. Breakfast in bed is nice and all, but having to clean up waffle batter from around the waffle maker? It’s not much fun. With a moat that wraps around, it’s easy to clean up the overflow. Problem solved!
I received this waffle maker in order to write this blog post. I have included affiliate links in this post so that you can easily purchase this waffle maker. I have not received any monetary compensation.
You don’t really need a special occasion or holiday to make waffles- they can be enjoyed anytime!
Everyone in the family can have waffles made to their preference. You just have to select your preferred color from light and fluffy to crispy golden brown and pour in the waffle batter – the waffle maker will do the rest.
I put together this recipe for you, which works amazingly well on the No-Mess Waffle Maker:
Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles
- Waffle maker
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar or other sweetener
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 ⅔ cup Non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 6 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Bananas
- ¼ cup Chocolate chips or chopped chocolate chunks
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, chocolate chips, and cinnamon.
- Mash bananas in a separate bowl. Add non-dairy milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Mix wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients from step 1.
- Turn on waffle maker to pre-heat.
- Once waffle maker is pre-heated, pour enough batter to cover the grooves.
- Select your favourite setting for your waffles and wait to enjoy them!
What could be more enticing than a stack of freshly made waffles? Waffles, plus flowers!
Some of my favourite things about The Breville No-Mess Waffle maker (BWM520XL):
- The little latch that lets you lock the lid down
- The weight: I like that it isn’t flimsy. I know it’ll live a good long while in my kitchen.
- The sleek stainless steel exterior
- The cast aluminum cooking plates
- There is a spot to wrap the cord underneath the machine.
- The cord has a hole in the plug part, which allows you to easily unplug it from the wall.
- There are 7 browning control settings.
Check out the Breville No-Mess Waffle maker (BWM520XL), which has an approximate retail value of $169.
If Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles aren’t your thing, try: