A carefully planned modern living would consist of well-fitted, colour-coordinated furniture that is in sync with the colours chosen for the living room.
Whether it’s a large-scale project or do-it-yourself, modernizing your living room could be exciting and time-taking.
If your living room has started to look a bit old, you can elevate it into a sanctuary of comfort, luxury, and style by following these easy and effective ways.
Your living room is the most social space in your house. Choosing that perfect colour and the right set of decor creates the first impression of you and your home. A perfect colour combination can transform a plain room into a haven. Follow the options to make your colour scheme:
- Begin with a base colour wall and create contrasting hues
- Introduce an accent colour or build a wall with textured wallpaper
- Instil calmness with a neutral colour scheme
- Make clashing combinations to create a striking contrast and add that dramatic effect
- Go for pastel colours such as mint green, blush pink, lavender, and more
- Plan a monochromatic twist
Remember, paying attention to the impact of lighting is as crucial as selecting the colour tones. Also, add a piece of artwork with a splash of personal touch. Plus, a stylish mirror is an excellent idea for any space. Keep time in style with a giant wall clock.
When you pay close attention to modernizing your living room, we focus on furniture, walls, decor, and more. Being vigilant of our windows that allow ample natural light to pour in calls for equal attention.
Moreover, installing several windows will allow more life to your room. The need to update and undergo contemporary window treatments provides an excellent opportunity to change that old, stuffy look. Keep the below tips in mind when considering window treatments:
- Choose the colour and style that best suits your room’s theme and furniture
- Provide ample privacy, fresh air, and light control
- You could go for roller shades, sheer shadings, panel track shades, or roman shades, or add your graphic design
- Opt for refined and sophisticated modern draperies
- Go for motorized, eco-friendly, child-safety blinds and shades
These treatments will increase the natural light. Give a complete contemporary aesthetic look that blends with your overall decor. Elevate your living with the touch of a button giving access to control the light and privacy of your lounge room.
Add Smart Storage
A little storage colour-coordinated with the rest of your decor is a clever decluttering idea for your space. For instance, you could rearrange your bookshelf in a colour-coordinated manner or height order, presenting your collection. More pictures to keep the zone organized are :
- Invest in multi-purpose furniture
- Use spare stuff or toys to keep your supplies and make things more accessible
- Add a container or box to keep your magazines handy and readable in style
- Stack over-sized punch-up pillows
- Incorporate greenery in empty glass bottles
- Get a cord organizer and streamline multiple wires
Look for an easy and creative way to organize all your stuff modernly. Devise and give your touch to each organizer.
Add sophistication and elegance to your front room with the help of these concise ideas. Above all, the little things in life make the difference, and taking small yet imperative steps will aid you in upgrading your living style.