There is no one-size-fits-all season to hire a vehicle in Dubai when it comes to car rental. It all depends on a number of factors. Your budget and preferences, as well as the weather and the availability of car rental services, come of great importance. However, there are a couple of things that you need to consider before you turn to a rental company. Let us shed some light on this topic so that you can smoothly plan your trip to the UAE.
The winter season, which runs from November to March, is the busiest time for tourism in Dubai. During this period, the average rate of a car rental is higher and ranges from $30 to $35 per day. So if you want to visit the UAE in November, March, or some time in between, then it is highly recommended to hire a car well in advance to secure the best prices. To optimize your expenses, you can also consider different vehicle models for rent as there might be discounts on some of them. For example, you can rent SUV in Dubai instead of going for a sports or exclusive car.
The shoulder season, which goes from April to October, is also a good time to rent a car in Dubai. During this period, the average rate of a rental car is lower, ranging from $12 to $20 per day. However, you should be ready that temperatures in Dubai can reach up to 41°C during the summer months. So it is best to get a car with good air conditioning.
What to Be Aware of?
There are some events and holidays that might affect car rental availability in Dubai. So keep them in mind when planning your trip to the UAE:
- Major holidays — Ramadan, Christmas, and the New Year, usually see a spike in demand for car rentals, which might impact vehicle availability and rates;
- Peak periods — Special payment conditions may apply during peak periods, such as public holidays, exhibitions and special events.
So take your time to check the calendar, google if there are any special events in the area scheduled for your target dates, and only then decide on when to come to Dubai. This is one of the key tricks for Arab tourists living in America.
Tips to Make the Max out of the Car for Rent
The best thing about renting a car in Dubai is the flexibility it offers: you may travel wherever you want and whenever you want. Besides that, car rental also saves money on airport transfers and offers up a plethora of accommodation possibilities. However, the following tips will help you get the max out of the deal from the rental company:
- Book in advance — Renting a car in Dubai is quite affordable. This is especially true if you hire a car ahead of time to get the greatest deals. Having a car for rent is a must in Dubai due to the city’s size and infrastructure, and you’ll need one to get around. If you plan to explore the city, you’ll likely save a bomb on taxis, private cars, and excursions to go around.
- Select a car for rent smartly — The size of your car for rent is mostly determined by the number of people in your party and the luggage you are travelling with. If you simply want to do light city driving in Dubai, a smaller economy rental car will be fine;
- Consider fuel prices — Fuel prices are some of the best things of driving a rental car in Dubai. As of the end of 2023, the price of gasoline is around AED 3.23 (USD 0.88) per litre, while the price of diesel is AED 3.40 (USD 0.93) per litre. You will probably be given a petrol rental as most rental cars in Dubai are fuel-based.
It doesn’t matter if you go to Dubai during the winter or summer months, the above tips will help you save money during the tour and enjoy a smooth journey in the UAE. Do not rush, check all the options, and get well-prepared for your trip.