My partner and I love spending time together any way we can—even if it means running errands together. So, we don’t mind having to take my car in for an oil change, for instance, since we can always find non-driving ways to spend quality time together.
I love seeing Instagram and other social media posts showing my colleagues and friends spending evenings or days on the weekend focused on their relationships, with no distractions (kids, work, mobile devices) to take them out of the moment. Typically, I see them spending “date nights” at restaurants or at movie theatres.
While my partner and I like going out to eat and watching movies together, we prefer to meet-up during the day to soak up as much sunshine and daylight as we can (in rainy Vancouver, when we spend most of the day inside working—this is a must). Another reason I prefer daytime dates over ones in the evening: I used to be a night person (yes, people CAN change!), but I now wake up around 6 am to give myself some time in the morning to work on my blog before I have to head to work for the day. Even when I was a night person, I liked being home before it got too late (as a Cancer and introvert, home is my favourite place to be).
Here are our Top 10 Daytime Date Ideas:
- Go for a walk outside (rain or shine)
- Enjoy lunch in a restaurant (so much more quiet than at dinner-time)
- Read to each other (outside or in a coffee shop)
- Be playful (kick leaves, throw a ball or frisbee, have a snowball fight, or dance in the rain)
- Get snacks together and have a picnic
- Check out local public art
- Colour in a colouring book (colour on the same sheet. This is a fun and relaxing activity)
- Share your favourite memories over coffee or tea
- Make up a story (one starts and the other continues. Go back and forth)
- Wander around a bookstore (I find this always brings up interesting talking points)