Restore, Refresh, Renew—with inspiration taken from the 2012 Calgary Home and Garden Show.
Though we’ve had a very mild winter, here in Calgary, the huge snow fall this past weekend made it very difficult to imagine doing any renovating or gardening, despite all the inspiration at the Calgary Home and Garden Show. It seemed as though the entire city was at the BMO Centre at the Calgary Stampede grounds on Sunday (probably to daydream a bit about nicer weather), so we found it hard to get as many pictures as we would have liked. We did manage to snap a few pictures in order to put together this list of top 5 booths:
1) I could definitely see myself putting the Swedish drying cabinet and high-efficiency washing machine (not to mention the Swedish dishwasher) in my luxury home. The Brad Lee booth had all sorts of other gorgeous appliances, like this arrangement from Wolf:
2) It was like visiting China again—the lighting from A Plus Lighting on display was both whimsical and unique. Could I see these lighting fixtures in my own home? No, not likely—but they will always continue to amaze and inspire me.
3) If you read our last post on a show here in Calgary—Buildex—you’ll know how much Greg and I love (and can’t resist oohing and ahhhing over) solid, carved wooden doors. The doors from Black Forest Wood Company looked well-made, gorgeous and interesting. This wasn’t the only booth with carved wooden (or otherwise) doors, but this was the only one that was photo-worthy.
4) While there were several booths with tile and stone for kitchen countertops or floors, thebooth really caught my eye with their huge slabs of stone.
5) The Calgary Custom Closets display had something interesting—a lazy-susan-like closet organizer that fit in to a corner. The spiral rod would hold a lot of different clothing, and moves, making it easy to get to your things.
Did you find any design inspiration this past weekend?