It hasn’t really hit us here in Vancouver, yet—but I know that much of the country and the USA have been seeing signs of winter for a month or more already. If you regularly drive, you’ll not want to delay in getting your vehicle up to snuff winter-wise.
Last year, I shared a post about winterizing a car. There were quite a few things that needed to be done then, living in Calgary, which I am sharing again below:
What You’ll Need For Winterizing:
- Gas Line Antifreeze
- Snow Brush
- Ice Scraper
- Tires with Enough Treads to Last All Season—or chains if you really need them.
Extras That You Might Want To Have:
- De-Icing Spray
- Emergency Heated Blanket
- Emergency Roadside Kit
- Heated Car Seat Cover
- A car touch-up paint kit suited for minor debris.
What You Need for Winterizing a Car in Vancouver:
- Winter-worthy Windshield Washer Fluid
- Headlights that are bright enough for all that rain
- Tires that are good for a lot of water/rain so there isn’t a risk of hydroplaning
Have you prepped your car for winter, yet? What else would you include on the list of things to do to prepare for the upcoming season?