Beautiful and useful—two reasons that I like to keep my Belkin Messenger Bag around my home office—at the ready for blogging on-the-go.
Whether you’re blogging from home or blogging from elsewhere. . .there are certain things that every blogger needs for their office. While I do most of my writing from home, I do like to treat myself to a coffee once in while and get some concentrated time to focus on getting things done without distractions. I have been lucky enough to take my blogging career on the road a bit last year and plan on carrying on with that this year. Being able to work from anywhere in the world is my ultimate goal, so being able to keep all my office essentials in one place is. . .well, essential.
Because I know you’re anxious to put together your own to-go office, I am here to announce that I have 3 (!!!) of these sleek messenger bags from Belkin to be won! Way to start the New Year, huh? Read the rest of this awesome post, then enter to win, below. Giveaway open to Canada only.
1. Favourite pens and a pretty notebook—Wait. Whaaaat? This IS the “digital age,” right? You don’t want to pause what you’re doing (working, not seeing what everyone’s up to on Facebook—right?) to type up a few notes or thoughts that suddenly cross your mind, so bring along a notebook and a pen to keep things flowing. This Belkin messenger bag has lots of spots to store your notebook and multiple pens, styluses, and what-not.
2. An editorial calendar. Do you have a digital one, or do you use a paper day planner? I like paper, and since I spend enough time on all my electronic devices, I prefer to keep a paper planner with me. I write down all my blog post ideas, what I want to write on certain days and incoming/outgoing money. If you have a paper planner or daytimer, here’s plenty of room to store it in this messenger bag.
3. A computer or tablet of your choice. If you’re going to be working on your tablet, pick up a keyboard case for it to make typing so much easier! While I do take just my iPad with me (decked out in a sweet Belkin Ultimate Keyboard Case) if I don’t plan on being out for too long, I much prefer working on my MacBook Pro, since everything I need is handy. There’s a cushy padded section in this messenger bag that will keep your tablet and/or your laptop comfy and safe.
4. Charging cords and cables for all your devices. Even a quick run to the coffee shop could turn in to several hours if inspiration strikes you—so come prepared. The best idea would be to leave a duplicate charger that you can leave in your messenger bag so you don’t have to worry about leaving anything at home.
5. A stylishly sleek and light messenger bag, like this one from Belkin. Having an organized spot to put everything makes it so much easier when it comes time to pick up and change locations.
If you don’t back things up electronically—in the cloud or with one of the many online storage sites available, a USB stick may come in handy for saving files. What else would you add to my list of home office essentials for bloggers? ? What do YOU bring with you when you blog outside the home?
Now’s your chance! Enter to win one of 3 awesome Belkin messenger bags!