**This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
I always look forward to my family staying over in my home for the holidays or any time of year, but I can’t help but worry about whether or not they feel welcome! If you’re like me, you know what it’s like to be a houseguest for the holidays and feel like you’re missing home.
It can be so discombobulating to be away from home. The bed never feels as comfortable, you don’t have your favourite snacks or entertainment. And OMG! you forgot the most basic essentials!
Hopefully, your hosts will have followed this list to make sure your stay is a warm one! There doesn’t need to be a dedicated guest room or bathroom, but a few comforts can really help one feel welcome.
Provide your houseguests with the things they may have forgotten
Make sure your houseguests are warm and cozy
- Cozy scarf and gloves (those stretchy black gloves you can buy for like $1-$4 will work nicely for any sized hands)
- An extra blanket for bedtime
- Extra pillows (in varying degrees of softness)
- Comfy Slippers
- A candle or electric diffuser with essential oils
Help your houseguests feel connected
- Wi-Fi password sign
- Charging station with multiple cords
Treat your houseguests with a few midnight snacks
- Tea station with electric kettle, mugs and tea bags
- Granola bars
- Nuts (so long as your guest doesn’t have any allergies)
With the warm welcome you’re giving your houseguests, they may not want to leave!
Did I miss anything? What would you provide for your guests to make sure their stay is a warm one?