In an effort to savour memories of various times of the year, I’ve taken to embracing seasonal fruits and vegetables by creating season-centric meals. This Vegan Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip is sure to be a fall-favourite.
Growing up in Houston, Texas, it was sometimes hard to tell what season it was based on the weather. That couldn’t be further from the truth in Calgary, Alberta – where my family moved to when I was 12. Being surrounded by new-to-me family meant a lot of get-togethers and seasonal meals/snacks.
For meals and snacks with my family, it was important to have things that could be spread out, so that a lot of people could enjoy tasting everything. A simple dip like this Vegan Pumpkin Cream Dip can enjoyed with pieces of fruit, cookies, crackers, or spread on bagels or toast. Here, I’m serving it as a dessert with ginger snaps.
VEGAN PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE DIP
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese (one small container)
- ⅓ cup dry sweetener I chose brown sugar because of the molasses-y taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve with crackers, fruit, or cookies.
Like this recipe? Check out my other pumpkin recipes: