It’s time for spring cleaning’s cousin to take centre stage: let’s welcome fall cleaning!
Throughout summer, the last thing on my mind was cleaning! I mean, why would I want to be inside on a beautiful sunny day? My list of “essential” housekeeping tasks really dwindled down to the bare minimum, to be honest. But, now that it’s fall and knowing that cooler weather is ahead (when I’ll be thinking about cuddling up on the sofa with a good book and going full-on with my blog and business), I think it’s time to get my apartment cleaned!
But, now that it’s fall and knowing that cooler weather is ahead (when I’ll be thinking about cuddling up on the sofa with a good book and going full-on with my blog and business), I think it’s time to get my apartment cleaned! There are fall leaves being trampled in and when it starts to rain, there will also be mud on my hardwood floors.
I’ve seen a lot of tips out there suggesting ways to get kids and partners/spouses involved in the cleaning. Growing up, this was a given – my brother and I always had weekend cleaning chores and my dad always did the dishes and any larger tasks. But, what if you don’t have anyone to help with cleaning? If you’re single or live alone like I do, you’ll know that having to do all-the-things can be tiresome. This list of 5 Tips for Fall Cleaning is for you!
Pressed for time? Watch this quick video for my 5 Tips for Fall Cleaning:
1. Make a list (and check it twice?) In your mind you may think that you need to clean everything, but the reality is that you only have so much time and energy to get the cleaning done this season. It may be helpful to have tasks added to a list for monthly or yearly cleaning so that they don’t way on your mind. I like to pick no more than 5 essential areas or locations that I want to clean. Like: windowsills, floors, my bedroom, my desk, and my bathroom. I regularly clean my kitchen, so I’m not adding it to my fall cleaning list. For all areas of my home, I’ll be sweeping and mopping the floors.
2. Get supplies and put them all in one spot. I headed to my local Canadian Tire store and walked straight to the cleaning aisle. I located the Libman products, including brooms, mops, buckets, and mop-head refills.
Goodness! So many great products to choose from? Which one shall I buy?
I picked up a bucket, Tornado Mop and replacement mop head from Canadian Tire and put them with my other cleaning supplies, so when it comes time to clean everything is in one spot.
3. Schedule. If it’s not scheduled, it’s not going to get done. I may not always have an entire day to set aside for fall cleaning, but I find I can get a lot done in 1-hour sprints. The key with scheduling is to do what works for you. For me, I like “power hours” where I set a timer for an hour and get as much cleaning as I can in that amount of time.
4. Find motivation. Do you have a favourite album or playlist that helps to get you going? I like listening to upbeat tunes—songs I can sing along to— while I’m getting on with fall cleaning. What works for you? Maybe it’s an audiobook or podcast that you’ve been meaning to listen to?
5. Relax and celebrate. Enjoy your newly cleaned home!
Ready to get started on your own fall cleaning?
Whether you choose to buy a Libman Tornado Mop or other Libman mop for your fall cleaning, sign up for the Libman Company newsletter to SAVE $3 on a new mop! They’ll also send you email updates about their new products, too.